Healthy egg & chips
One that dads will love! This any-time meal is perfect with a helping of baked beans.
* 500g potatoes, diced
* 2 shallots, sliced
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tsp dried crushed oregano or 1 tsp fresh leaves
* 200g small mushrooms
* 4 eggs
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Tip the potatoes and shallots into a large, non-stick roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle over the oregano, then mix everything together well. Bake for 15 mins, add the mushrooms, then cook for a further 10 mins until the potatoes are browned and tender.
2. Make four gaps in the vegetables and crack an egg into each space. Return to the oven for 3-4 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Healthy fish & chips with tartare sauce
A perfectly healthy Friday night special meal for two, fish and chips
* 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
* 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing
* 2 white fish fillets about 140g/5oz each
* grated zest and juice 1 lemon
* small handful of parsley leaves, chopped
* 1 tbsp capers, chopped
* 2 heaped tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
* lemon wedge, to serve
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Toss chips in oil. Spread over a baking sheet in an even layer, bake for 40 mins until browned and crisp. Put the fish in a shallow dish, brush lightly with oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the lemon juice, bake for 12-15 mins. After 10 mins sprinkle over a little parsley and lemon zest to finish cooking.
2. Meanwhile, mix the capers, yogurt, remaining parsley and lemon juice together, set aside and season if you wish. To serve, divide the chips between plates, lift the fish onto the plates and serve with a spoonful of yogurt mix.